Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S EVE!!

Monday, December 31, 2007

ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S EVE!!

Here we are again, another New Year's Eve. This is definitely not my favorite holiday. It was 9 years ago on New Year's Eve that my husband told me he was leaving. Not that there is ever a good time to hear that news, New Year's Eve is a particularly bad time. You just can't escape all the revelry of the night, even when you don't feel like celebrating!

I will never truly understand the reason God chose for this to happen on this date. But all of these years later, I am starting to see the good that God has done in my life on this date. Tonight I am going to a party that a singles group through my church is sponsoring. I have never been to this group before and, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I don't do well in new situations. I really am scared to go, but I truly feel like God is leading me to this group and to a new start for the new year.

The Scriptures teach that God will use suffering to build character and to purify our faith. I can certainly attest to the fact that I have become a much stronger person and my faith has definitely grown by leaps and bounds because of what I have gone through, and for that I am forever grateful to God!

Let us never question God's actions or His timing. He is always in control!

Lord, I thank You not only for the wonderful gifts You have given me but also for the trials You have put in my life that are making me the person You would want me to be! Help me to always praise You, through good times and bad, because You are always in control!

---Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3

No comments: