Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: GIVE THE LORD WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY HIS!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

GIVE THE LORD WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY HIS!

I went to the mall today with my daughter to return a sweater I had given her for Christmas that didn't fit. Now I don't like to shop on a normal day but the crowds were really bad with after Christmas sales! Not my favorite place to be.

But, I have to admit that while we were returning her sweater I was looking around at some clothes. I have not bought myself any clothes in a long, long time. First of all, I really want to lose weight before I buy any clothes and most importantly I haven't had the money.

But I had a few extra dollars in my pocket and I was very, very tempted! But then I realized I had some bills due and even more importantly, I had not given the Lord his share of that money. So I did not buy anything.

But instead of being depressed, I felt good about my decision. I know that the Lord will truly bless that decision! I know that I cannot outgive the Lord!!

God, please forgive me for the times that I wanted to keep what is rightfully yours!!
Help me to be a better steward of your money.

---A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord." Leviticus 27:30

No comments: