Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: WAIT ON THE LORD

Sunday, December 9, 2007

WAIT ON THE LORD

Today's sermon at church really spoke to me. It was about waiting on the Lord - something I am not very good at sometimes! Patience is definitely not one of my virtues, unfortunately! I want what I want now! Right now I am dealing with really wanting to buy a house again - I don't want a big house, nothing fancy, just something that is my own again. I miss that. But the reality is I just can't afford it right now. I could make the payments but I need to pay off everything else first. And, let's face it, I probably couldn't get a loan due to the fact that I don't have a job - just disability! But does that stop me from looking in the papers every Sunday at the houses for sale or looking at For Sale signs when I drive by houses?? Absolutely not!

The truth is that one day I will probably be able to buy another house - but in God's timing, not mine! If I do it in my timing, I know that it won't work out! And that is the way it is with so many aspects of my life. Things just work out better when I wait on the Lord and do what He wants me to do when He wants me to do them!

And waiting is not so bad. Good things can happen when we wait. Even though it might not appear so on the outside, I am certainly learning to trust God more and more every day for all my needs! And that is such a wonderful feeling to know that He is there for me and will meet all my needs - if I just wait on Him!

---My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.
Psalm 62:5

No comments: