Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: FACING MY HANDICAPS

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

FACING MY HANDICAPS

There are days, like today, that I am so frustrated at my lack of ability to do more. I am having a great deal of trouble walking and my vision is poor. I am not feeling sorry for myself, just very frustrated that I can't do more. I want to work and am unable. I am having trouble driving and having to depend on my daughter more. I want to help out a friend who needs me and not able to do much but listen and pray for her. I feel so frustrated!

But then I think about the things that God does allow me to do. I am washing my daughter's clothes for her. I ironed her clothes for her. I am certainly here to listen to my friends who need me and above all, I do pray for them! I know that is the best thing I can do for anyone!

I know that if I was working, I probably would not have started this devotional site. And for me, at least, it has been a true blessing! Just writing it today has lifted my spirits. I know God has a reason for everything and I am trying to follow what He wants me to do. Even in my frustration with my illness and limitations, I thank God for them as I know they have made me a stronger person and made my faith in Him grow even stronger!

I thank you, Lord, for helping me through the hard times and showing me ways that even through limitations that I can help others and live my life the way you want me to. Thank you for making me a survivor!!

-----I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13

No comments: