Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: DO ALL THAT YOU DO FOR HIS GLORY IN 2008

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

DO ALL THAT YOU DO FOR HIS GLORY IN 2008

Wow! It is 2008 - hard to believe! Another year gone by! My 2008 started off great. I went to the party and met some wonderful people and had a great time! So glad I went!

Now it is time to make my New Year's resolutions! I actually started last night - one of my resolutions is to listen more closely to what God is telling me and to obey what He is telling me. He had been telling me to go to this group and I had said on several occasions that I was going to go, but then I backed out. I found out last night that they had been praying for me to come. That made me feel so good, that they cared enough about me before they even met me, to pray for me! I am so glad that I finally listened to God and did what He was telling me to do!

There are so many other resolutions that I hope to keep this year - the typical lose weight, exercise more, etc. But more important are the ones like be kinder to others, make sure everyone I love knows how much I love them every day, spend more time in prayer and really listen to what God is saying to me (not just what I have to say to Him!), share Christ more with others, and I have promised myself (and God!) to read the Bible in its entirety this year! (I did start today!).

Whatever your resolutions are, do all that you do in 2008 for the glory of God!

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

No comments: