Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: JESUS MEETS OUR NEEDS

Saturday, December 8, 2007

JESUS MEETS OUR NEEDS

Yesterday was a tough day for several people I know. My best friend's daughter had a tonsil abscess and had to have surgery to remove the tonsils. This was after spending all night the night before in the emergency room and being sent home, only to have to go back yesterday morning. Her youngest daughter also had to go to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia and is on seven medications. On top of that, her mother has been sick for several weeks and just can't seem to get well. My poor friend is being stretched in so many directions and she is just exhausted. And I am 10 hours away and feel I am absolutely no help!

My daughter's best friend and roommate's grandmother fell and broke her foot and is in the hospital. Then she finds out her brother has a staph infection and is in the hospital! Both are several hours away from her - in different towns. She feels so helpless because she can't go to see them because she is having car problems. I offered her my car but she isn't sure what she is going to do.

I feel so bad that I can't help two people who I truly care about and are in such need. But even though I can't be of much help, I know Jesus can. In Mark 5:25-34, it speaks of a woman who had been ill for 12 years. No doctors were able to make her well. Then she heard about Jesus and believed that if she could get to him and just touch him, she would be healed. When Jesus asked who touched his clothes and she told him her story, he responded in a comforting voice, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." (Mark 5:34).

Jesus is just as interested in your needs as he was interested in this woman's need many years ago. It does not matter how big or small your need is - Jesus is there for you. Whatever your need is, Jesus will meet it. All you need to do is ask.

Verse for the Day: Mark 5:25-34

No comments: