Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: HOW GOD SHOWS HIS LOVE

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HOW GOD SHOWS HIS LOVE

Martha, a 26-year-old woman with ALS needed help. When a group of women heard about her, they jumped into action. They began to give round-the-clock nursing care. They bathed her, fed her, prayed for her, and witnessed to her. Martha, who had not receivd Christ as her Savior and couldn't understand how a loving God could let her get ALS, saw his love in these women and eventually became a Christian. She is with the Lord today because 16 women, following Jesus' example, personified God's love.

I am blessed that I do know the Lord. Sometimes I wonder why I have the disease I have but I do know that God has a reason and that one day I will be healthy again - maybe not on this earth but certainly in heaven.

I try to give to others whenever I can. The problem I have is accepting help. I have a friend whose Sunday School class is trying to help me during the holiday season. While I am so grateful, it is so hard for me to admit I need help - either physically or financially. But I think we are supposed to give help whenever possible and receive it when given. God has placed these people who want to help us in our lives and if we deny the help then we deny giving them the chance to fulfill God's grace.

Jesus is no longer with us in His physical body - He now sits at God's right hand in heaven. So, if God's love is to be embodied today it must be done through Christians. Is it being done through you?

"I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you."
John 13:15

No comments: