Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: WHY DOES LIFE ALWAYS HAVE TO CHANGE?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

WHY DOES LIFE ALWAYS HAVE TO CHANGE?

You will have to excuse me if I ramble a little bit today. It has been a long few days and I am really tired. A lot has been going on at the thrift store I volunteer at and it has been an emotionally draining few days. And once again, it looks like things are going to change in my life again as far as volunteering there. But as my dear friend said today, life is full of change and nothing ever stays the same.

But why can't it? Why does it seem just when I seem to be getting a new start and things are settling down, things change again???

But I guess change does not have to be bad - just different! It certainly wasn't bad when I changed where I lived and moved to Morgantown. In fact, it has been great. I love it here and feel like this is home. And the things that are important in my life haven't, and won't, change. My relationship with my precious daughter, my friendships - old and new, and most importantly, my relationship with God. I guess that really isn't true - those relationships all keep getting stronger and I am so truly blessed.

Jobs may come and go, where I live may change, the car I drive may change, but the truly important things in life won't change, and I thank God for that and for the people who help me realize that!!


"Do not store up for yourselve treasures n eart, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destory, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

No comments: