Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: START EACH DAY WITH PRAYER

Thursday, December 6, 2007

START EACH DAY WITH PRAYER

I got up one morning and rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't take time to pray.
Problems just tumbling about me, and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me," I wondered. He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty but the day tolled on, grey and bleak.
I wondered why God didn't show me. He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day.
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
---- Author Unknown

I don't know about you, but there are days that I just crawl out of bed without giving God a second thought. I don't thank Him for another day, for getting me through the night, or ask his blessings on the new day. And I have to admit on the days that I do neglect to pray to God, my days certainly don't go quite as well! The burdens seem heavier, the tasks greater, the direction harder to find.

Let's all try to remember to start our day with prayers of praise and thanksgiving and direction. Our days will certainly be blessed!

"My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the earth learn righteousness." Isaiah 26:9

No comments: