Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: ON THE TABLE SIDE BY SIDE

Sunday, December 16, 2007

ON THE TABLE SIDE BY SIDE

On the table side by side
The Holy Bible and the TV Guide
One is well worn but cherished with pride,
Not the Bible but the TV Guide.
One is used daily to help folks decide,
No! It isn't the Bible, it's the TV Guide.
As pages are turned, what shall they see?
Oh, what does it matter, turn on the TV.
So, they open the book in which they confide --
No, not the Bible, it's the TV Guide.
The Word of God is seldom read,
Maybe a verse as they fall into bed,
Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be,
Not from reading the Bible, but watching TV.
So, then back to the table, side by side,
Are the Holy Bible and the TV Guide,
No time for prayer, no time for the Word;
The plan for salvation is seldom heard.
Forgiveness of sin so full and free
Is found in the Bible, no on TV!!

----Anonymous


As I was reading this poem, I had to admit to myself that I have not always been as great at reading my Bible as I should have been. My intentions were always good but I didn't always carry through with them. I try to live my life according to the Word, but I didn't always take the time to read it. I made many attempts to start reading the entire Bible but have just never completed it.

The more I do these devotions, the more God speaks to me. There are many days where I just don't know what to say or what verses to use. But I truly believe that God has lead me to write these devotions. I pray and ask for His direction and words, and it never fails that He leads me to just the right passages and gives me the words to say.

I hope that these devotions are inspiring you to read God's Word more and devote time each time to prayer and devotion. I know that by following His directions, I truly am becoming closer to Him and I thank Him for that everyday!

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: