Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: NO GREATER JOY

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NO GREATER JOY

I was just going to run a few errands today and then come home. But my daughter called and we decided to have lunch together. I love spending time with her. With her school schedule, work schedule and social life, our time together is less which makes it even more precious!

I am having to realize that she is growing up (she is actually grown up!), and I am having to let go. I know that we will always be close, but she has a life of her own now - and I am so proud of her.

She has done so well in school. She knew from the beginning what she wanted to do with her career, and she has never wavered. She has worked so hard in school to be able to obtain her goals in the future. I am so proud!

She has worked hard at her job. She knows I don't have a lot of money and she works hard to have the extra cash she needs.

She is always there to take care of me when I need help. Sometimes I can't drive or do much around the house. She is always there to help me and support me.

But what I am most proud of is where her heart is. Although she doesn't attend church every Sunday, I know her heart is with Jesus. She is compassionate, caring, and loving. That is what makes me the most proud!! I don't know if she will read this today or not, but I know she knows how proud of her I am. I thank God everyday for her!

Lord, thank you for my child! She is truly a blessing to me! Even if we don't always see eye to eye on things, Lord, please help me to always show her how proud of her I am and how much of a blessing she is to me!

I have no greater joy than to hear my children are walking in the truth. 3John:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, mommy thank you!!! That was so sweet. I always know how proud you are of me. I think I teared up a little lol. LOVE YOU!