Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: ACCEPTING GOD'S PLAN

Thursday, January 31, 2008

ACCEPTING GOD'S PLAN

There was once a day when I had a major career. I was a practice manager for a physician. I loved my job. I loved working with the patients, with the doctor, with the other staff. I have to admit I loved being in charge and making major decisions for the physician, staff, and the practice.

Then one day, I lost it all. I became ill and unable to work. I felt like I lost my identity. Yes, I was a mother, which was and is my favorite job, but I had put so much into my career I felt lost without it. My daughter had even worked with me. I felt so in limbo.

And I felt guilty. I was relatively young and couldn't work anymore! And it didn't look like I would ever be able to work again. Well, God had different plans! While I don't work in an office anymore and I really don't make a salary anymore, I have became active again and it feels great! I am learning that I am able to write articles for different people. I buy and sell items on ebay and at flea markets. I can volunteer my time. None of these are the major career I had, but if I admit to myself, I am much happier! Sure, I wish I hadn't become ill, but God had a reason and one day I will understand it. Right now, I am just trying to follow His commands and do what He wants me to do with my life.

We may not always end up doing what we think we will in life, but if we follow God's plan, even if we don't understand it or like it at the time, things will work out! God always has our best in mind!

Thank you, God, for my life. While things may not have turned out quite the way I had planned, my life has turned out exactly how You had planned and I praise you for that! Help me to continue to accept the changes in my life and open my eyes to what you want me to do with my life!


A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God. Exclesiastes 2:24

No comments: