Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: STRIPPING AWAY THE LAYERS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

STRIPPING AWAY THE LAYERS

I was trying to decide what to do today. I am becoming bored since I am not driving much yet since I got out of the hospital. I decided to finish stripping my bedroom furniture. This furniture was my mother's when she was young and I have had it for many years. Last summer I stripped the dresser and chest of drawers and it turned out great. It was not easy work because the furniture had been painted and stained many times through the years. It had been used as a makeup dresser, changing table, desk - all painted different colors. It was a lot of work but well worth it.

The makeup dresser has a stool that goes with it that as of right now is still the last color we had painted it for my daughter - bright yellow!! Doesn't exactly fit in with the decor of my bedroom so I am going to finish stripping it and then stain it and the set will be complete!

This all makes me think of our relationship with Jesus Christ. We go to him with so many layers that should be stripped away - our sinful layers. But He looks beyond those layers and loves us despite our sins. He knows what we can be and what we are created to be. All we need to do is let him strip those layers away from us and we can become the beautiful creation that God intends for us to be!!

Lord, thank you for looking beyond my sinful layers and stripping them away. Help me to become the creation that you intended me to be!

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy. " 1 Peter 1:15-16

No comments: