Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART

Thursday, January 17, 2008

OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART

Sometimes in our lifes we become so stuck in the same routine. We get up at the same time, go to work or whatever we do during the day, come home, sit on the couch and watch TV. Not much ever changes. We become complacent and content with the way things are.

But sometimes God wants to shake things up! He wants to change some things in our lives. But we become so used to the way things are, whether that is good or bad, that we close our eyes and our hearts to what God wants to do in our lives.

Recently, God has been speaking to me about some things He wants to change in my life. I have been guilty of having a hard heart towards these changes. In fact, I totally ignored what God was saying and pretended I didn't hear Him. Well, I woke up this morning and He was telling me loud and clear! I realized I truly need to soften my heart and open my eyes to what He wants to do in my life! God truly wants what is best for us if we will only listen to him and follow Him. While change may not be fun at times - it is easier just to keep things the way they are, if God is telling us to change things then we need to listen! Certain things have been the same in my life for a long time and while I won't say that I am really ready for change - it is scary - I will say that I am excited about what God has in store for me, even though I don't have a clue what it is! I am putting my trust in Him!

Life really is full of changes but the one thing that never changes is Jesus Christ!

Lord, I pray that you will soften my heart and open my eyes to what You want to do in my life. Thank you for always wanting the best for me and for never giving up on me, even when I don't always listen to You.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in his toil - this is the gift of God. Ecclesiastes 3:11-13

OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART - MERCY ME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good one, one I need to follow better..

DB