Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: WHERE IS YOUR HOME?

Thursday, January 24, 2008

WHERE IS YOUR HOME?

I have been trying to decorate my home a little more lately. While I don't own my place, it has become my home and I believe God truly led me here. It is the perfect size for me, the perfect price for me, just the perfect place for me right now. There are some things I would change but for now, it is the perfect fit.

But I started thinking that my home is not found in the house where I live, nor in the community I live or the state where I grew up. I could travel far and wide and never settle down (seems like that is what I did for awhile!), I could lose all my belongings, I could say goodbye to those I love most, and still my home would not be lost. How can this be?

It is true because the home is where the heart is and my heart is truly with God. He is my truest home. No matter where I have lived, He has always been my truest home. I can always come home to God.

Where is your true home?


My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. Isaiah 32:18

No comments: