Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: The Perfect "Christian"

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Perfect "Christian"

I have a friend I want to tell you about. We were friends for 17 years. He was a true friend, always there to share the good times and the bad. He never left my side. In all the years I knew him, he never said a bad word, never drank or used drugs, never gossiped, never lied. Sounds like I am describing the perfect person, a good "Christian", doesn't it? In fact, I am talking about my dog, Barkley.

We need to realize that being a "Christian" involves more than refraining from evil. It involves an active pursuit of doing good. And furthermore, no matter how "good" we are, we are not Christians until we come to a relationship with Christ and obey the gospel.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really could take a lesson from a dog....couldn't we?


Met U the evening of this day...

Anonymous said...

Awww...my little Barkley :) I never thought about it this way tho.