Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: GOD'S WINDSHIELD WIPERS

Saturday, January 5, 2008

GOD'S WINDSHIELD WIPERS

It is kind of gloomy outside today. Looks like it is going to rain, but at least it is warmer! I was praying and trying to decide on my devotion today when I came across this story that seemed to fit the weather! I am not sure who wrote the original story, but I love it!

WINDSHIELD WIPERS

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick. Suddenly my son spoke up from his buckled-in position in the back seat. "Mom, I'm thinking of something." This announcement usually meant he had been pondering some fact for a while and was now ready to expound all this his 7-year-old mind had discovered. I was anxious to hear.

"What are you thinking?" I asked. "The rain," he began, is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like God, wiping our sins away."

After the chill bumps raced up my arms, I was able to respond. "That's really good, Matthew." Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little boy take this revelation?

So I asked..."Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you." Matthew didn't hesitate one moment to answer: "We keep on sinning, and God keeps on forgiving us."


Just like the mother in this story, I got goosebumps when I read this story. This 7-year-old child had such a wonderful answer to the rain and windshield wipers! Let us all thank God that He is like windshield wipers, continually wiping our sins away!

Thank you, Lord, that You always wipe away our sins no matter how hard it rains! Thank you that by your grace we are forgiven. Thank you for the wonderful thoughts of children who help us remember your wonderful glory!

---This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:22-24

No comments: