Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: DELIGHT ONLY IN HIM

Friday, January 11, 2008

DELIGHT ONLY IN HIM

There are times when we all worry about our appearance. We are too fat, too skinny, too many wrinkles, the list goes on and on. I certainly worry too much about my appearance. Since I have been ill and because of the medications, my appearance has changed dramatically. It has made me very insecure.

Today as I as praying about what to write in my devotion, I came across this verse that I thought was perfect for how I was feeling about myself:

"His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of man; the Lord delights in those who fear him,who put their hope in his unfailing love." Psalm 147:10-11

This verse really struck me. I deal not only with worrying about my weight but about the fact that sometimes I don't walk well, my legs don't work well at times. I worry about how others view me when I walk slowly or have a funny gait. I realized that I am sometimes more worried about others opinions than I am about God's!

God does not care how I look or how I walk. He cares about what is in my heart!

God has given me a wonderful daughter and wonderful friends who don't care about anything but the person I am - not what I look like! I am so grateful to Him for that!

Let us all remember that God loves us and what us to be happy! We all come in different shapes and sizes, different health issues, some people have more finances than others. We are all different. Our worth is not based on our outer appearance. God loves each of us - no matter what! He just wants us to live for Him and put our hope in Him!!

Lord, while I may not have perfect health or the perfect body, I do have the perfect life You have given me and I praise You for that! Thank you for the friends and family You have given me who love me! Thank you for Your love! Let me always put my hope and faith in You!

No comments: