Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: GOD HEALS!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

GOD HEALS!!

It has been a stressful few days. I had not been feeling well for about a week but went to church Sunday morning anyway. Unfortunately, things got worse during the service and when I got up to leave, I ended up passing out. Luckily, there were numerous people there to help me. They called 911 and got me to the hospital and contacted my daughter for me. Not exactly how I wanted to meet more people at church, but I am so truly grateful for their help, their compassion, and their prayers.

The doctors immediately wanted to put me on the ventilator again, but I refused. I just did not want to go through that again unless absolutely necessary. So they put me in ICU and started treatments which required putting a catheter in my leg. Unfortunately, that did not go well and was extremely painful. But they finally got the catheter in and began treatments. I usually have 5 of these treatments over a period of 10 days. However, the catheter was so painful I could not tolerate it and had it pulled out after only two treatments. I was frustrating several doctors!!

But the amazing thing is that it usually takes at least 3 of these treatments for me to tell a difference. This time, however, I began to feel a little better after 1 treatment and even more so after the 2nd treatment. They even let me go home today! God is truly awesome! In addition, I had a doctor who is a strong Christian, not afraid to share his faith with his patients, and truly helped me mentally! It is awesome how God puts people in our lives just when we need them!

While this week has not been fun, it has once again proved to me what an awesome God we serve! By all medical standards, I should have been on the ventilator yet here I am 4 days later writing this. Praise God!!

For I will restore health to you and your wounds I will heal, says the Lord.
Jeremiah 30:17a

No comments: