Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: WHAT IS THE JUNK FOOD IN YOUR LIFE?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WHAT IS THE JUNK FOOD IN YOUR LIFE?

I was craving some chocolate today, as I had been for several days. I finally broke down and bought a candy bar. I did not eat it all - only about half of it. Granted, it was a king size bar, but I usually don't have even that much will power not to eat the whole thing!

The amazing thing was that as good as it tasted to me within minutes I was craving more. I had filled myself up with junk but was still not satisfied!

The world is a lot like junk food. We fill ourselves up with junk - whether it be certain music, tv shows, some sites on the internet, certain magazines, anything that does not honor God and takes our "appetites" away from Him. What takes your "appetite" away from God?

Lord, help us to be more aware of the "junk" in our lives. Help us to fill our appetites with things that honor You and will keep us satisfied!


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

No comments: