Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: TRUST IN GOD COMPLETELY

Monday, February 11, 2008

TRUST IN GOD COMPLETELY

I am trying to make a major decision in my life and having trouble deciding what to do. I have been praying for answers as I try to make this decision. I have found a few steps that I think are helpful and I have tried to follow in this and every decision I make.

1. Get quiet. I find a place where it is quiet and I can relax and compose my thoughts.

2. I go to God for answers! Psalms 73:24 says: You guide me with your counsel and afterward you will take me into glory. God is the greatest counselor there is! His advice is better than any other advice you can receive. If you take His advice, how can you go wrong???

3. Truly listen to God's advice. You may not see anything in writing or actually hear someone talking, but you will hear His voice. God will tell you what to do. He may not tell you the minute you pray, He may not tell you tomorrow, but He will tell you what you need to hear when you need to hear it!!

4. Consciously condition your mind to allow correct thinking - the thinking of Christ. Phillipians 2:5 says: Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Think of what Jesus would do in the situation you are in.

5. Be patient. Don't hurry any decision. Wait until you truly hear what God is trying to tell you.

6. Thank God for giving you the right answer because He truly is giving you the right answer! You will have a peace about you when you have followed God's advice and done as He has told you to do.

7. When you have received the answer to your problem from God, trust it completely! Do not doubt the answer. Do not look back and think about what you might have done. Take the answer with faith! Know that you have sought God's advice and that you can trust Him completely! Know that God will see you through all your problems!

Although I sometimes have difficulty making decisions and not looking back and questioning myself, I do find that when I go to God for answers and follow His advice completely and without doubt, things truly work out for the best!

No comments: