Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY

A friend of mine is going through a really trying time. I don't even know all of the circumstances but I do know that she is hurting. I have tried so hard to be there for her through it all but sometimes I feel like I just don't say the right things, that I sound more like I am preaching.

Lord, give me the right words to say to her. Help me to let her know that even though I am not right beside her physically, I am beside her with my arms around her. Let me be able to show her how much I love her and how much You love her. Give me for the wisdom to know when to speak, what to say, and how to say it.

Lord, thank you for Your love, for your wisdom, for your patience. Help us to remember that no matter what we do, You are always there for us. Help us to show your love and patience to others when they are in need. Help us to always be a friend to others and not judge them, just love them.

A friend is a friend for all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

1 comment:

Tim said...

You are a good friend to stay there to give a listening ear. Sometimes it's better not to say anything...but as far as the words to say, remember Mark 13:11, yes it might be talking about something a little different, but it promises the words to say. The holy spirit will give you the words to say and they will most definitely be the right ones! :) I pray for your friend, and that she will be encouraged through this difficult time. God bless you!
-Tim