Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: OUR FINAL BILL

Thursday, February 28, 2008

OUR FINAL BILL

I opened my email today and almost had a heart attack! My daughter's electric bill was in my email and it was over $200!! She had actually had a credit for the last several months so it came as quite a shock!

Of course, I immediately suspected the bill was in error so I called the electric company. After having to punch several buttons and then holding for quite a while, my frustration level was growing by the minute! I finally spoke to a representative who seemed to be frustrated that I had called about my bill! Well, after several minutes and frustration on both of our parts, she finally was able to explain that this was a correct bill! The bills from the months before had been estimates and now reality had set in - this was for actual usage!

After praying for God to help me calm down and relax - after all, it is only money!! - I started thinking about how there are people who live their lives like this bill - estimating on how it will turn out and then when the "final bill" comes, they have to face reality!

God is the only one who can give us a wonderful "final bill", the best reality we could ever ask for! Our salvation can only be found in Him! We don't have to guess what our "final bill" will be as long as we have Jesus as our Lord and Saviour!

Thank you, Lord, for giving us a glorious "final bill"! Thank you for giving us the assurance of a blessed eternity with You!

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

No comments: