Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: JESUS MAKES US NEW AGAIN!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

JESUS MAKES US NEW AGAIN!

Every four to six weeks, I am forced to "wash the gray right out of my hair"! Today as I was completing this task that makes me feel so old, I began thinking of how lucky we are that Jesus washed our sins away when He died on the cross for us and makes us new again. All we need to do is ask Jesus into our lives and our sins are washed away! It doesn't mean we won't sin again - none of us are perfect. But it does mean that Jesus is always with us. We do need to ask Jesus for forgiveness for our sins but He will always be with us.

Unlike washing the gray out of my hair that makes me feel so old, Jesus makes me feel so new! Every day is a new day with Jesus! Every day is sweeter than the day before! I can see the gray hairs that I hate and wash away. But even though I cannot see Jesus, He fills me with such joy and peace!

Thank you, Lord, for washing away my sins and making me new again!


Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1Peter 1:8-9

No comments: