Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: INTEREST EQUALS INVESTMENT

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

INTEREST EQUALS INVESTMENT

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said that she was going to referee at her child's game the next day. I thought about how much I missed those days! My daughter is now grown, a senior in college, and doesn't need me to do things like referee her games anymore. I used to love being team mom, chaperone, substitute teacher, driver, whatever was needed! I felt like I was making an investment in my daughter's life. Now I never go to any softball games, cheerleading competitions, or field trips. Why? Because as much as I miss doing these things with my daughter, I don't have an interest in these activities anymore since she no longer participates.

The principle of investment is pretty clear. We have an interest in those things which we have an investment. And the greater the investment, the greater the interest! While this principle holds true for worldly matters, it certainly holds true for spiritual matters as well.

The more we invest of our time, our talents, our prayers, our money into the works of the church, our interest in bound to grow. If your interest in the church is waning, maybe you should invest more of your time and energy to it. God was so interested in us that He invested His only son, Jesus Christ in us!

Thank you, Lord, for being so interested and invested in our lives. Help us to become more interested in You and your word!

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

No comments: