Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: FRIENDS AND FAMILY

Friday, March 28, 2008

FRIENDS AND FAMILY

I went to Atlanta for a few days with my daughter over her spring break. To be honest, I was very nervous. I was afraid to see people I hadn't seen in several years - feared I had aged too much and looked too ill.

In hindsight, how ridiculous that fear was! I had a wonderful time. I got to spend Easter with two families that I care very much for and laughed more than I have in a very long time. It was so good to catch up on old times and make new memories! Although I did not get to see everyone I wanted to because I did not have a car while I was there, even those I did not see were in my heart when I thought about all the wonderful memories.

So much has changed in my life over the last 10 years. Nothing is like it was or like I thought it would be. But, it is how God had it planned, and it is perfect!

Sometimes I wonder how I will make it financially, how I will make it physically and emotionally, but God is always there and always gets me through. He has brought so many wonderful friends in my life who mean more to me than I could ever express, and they are my friends no matter how far apart we are.

I was so grateful that my daughter and her boyfriend let me ride to Atlanta with them because I couldn't have gone by myself. The trip truly helped me realize, once again, that I am right where I am supposed to be but that no matter how far away I am, I truly have friends and family in Atlanta and wonderful friends in West Virginia, and lots of places in between! I truly never have to be lonely - I do have "family"!

Thank you, Lord, for the family you have given me. Thank you for the gift of friends who are just like my family. You have truly blessed me with the most wonderful friends and family to help me through the hard times and to share the good times! I pray that I can be just as good a friend to them as they are to me!


God sets the lonely in families. Psalm 68:6

Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.
Mark 5:19

No comments: