Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE

Thursday, June 12, 2008

ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE

We have all heard the saying that "One man's trash is another man's treasure". I am finding this more and more to be true as I am starting a new business - an online flea market. I have gone around to different garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores to find items to put on my new website. It is amazing the items that you can find - some are fantastic! I don't think some people realize what they have! And others make you wonder "What were they thinking when they bought that? That is junk!" But I have actually purchased some of this junk and turned it into something wonderful for my home or to sell. You just never know what you could do when you turn your mind to it.

Sometimes we feel like we are junk in God's eyes. We make mistakes. We sin. How could God possibly love us and our junk? But everyday, He takes rebellious sinners and transforms them by His power into something beautiful and valuable!!

Before you give up on yourself or someone else, before you get too discouraged about how your life has turned out, always remember that you have the potential in the hands of God to be turned into something wonderful and valuable!!

He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Proverbs 21:21

No comments: