Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there. This is kind of a sad day for me. My dad passed away two years ago and I still miss him terribly. But when I think about it, I always have him with me. I have a lot of my dad's traits which is really interesting because he was not my biological father. But he was my Dad. And he influenced my life more than he will ever know. I have tried so hard to be the kind of daughter that he would be proud of.

One of the biggest ways my Dad influenced my life was in the way he showed his faith and, more importantly, lived his faith. He was a true Christian man and one that I was proud to call my Dad.

But even though my earthly father is no longer here, I know that my heavenly Father is always with me. He walks beside me every day, through good times and bad. And when I feel like I can't walk anymore, He carries me. He never leaves me. I can celebrate everyday because I have a Father in heaven!!

Thank you, Lord, for the dad You gave me. Thank you, Lord, for being my heavenly Father. I am so grateful that because of your love that one day I will be with You and my dad and mom again!

Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16

No comments: