Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: CHECKING MY BALANCE SHEET

Monday, November 26, 2007

CHECKING MY BALANCE SHEET

Every morning I get on the computer and check the balance in my checking acccount. This has become a habit over the last few years and I get very insecure if I am unable to check my balance every day. I watch every penny I spend and want to make sure that I do not have anything bounce in my account.

It is too bad that I am not as diligent about my spiritual balance sheet. I sometimes forget that God has made an immense deposit of grace, strength, wisdom and courage in my heart, and that He will constantly replenish depleted resources. There are no limits and no "bounced checks" with God's love.

Lord, I thank You for your neverending love and grace. I thank You for always knowing what I need and providing for those needs. I thank you for your neverending deposits in my spiritual account! I pray that I will use those gifts You give me for your good works.

God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always
having sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
1 Corinthians 9:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious Deb - I love you dearly my precious friend! You are such an inspiration to me in so many ways........ Thank you .