Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: New Life in Christ

Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Life in Christ

Today I was cleaning up the house. I had to throw away a plant that was given to me a few weeks ago. This plant was a mum and was absolutely beautiful! I had never seen such vivid colors in a mum plant before. I loved it! But, as usual, I killed it. To save my life, I cannot keep a plant alive! No matter how much sun it got, how much I watered it, or how much MiracleGro I used, I still killed it!

While I was throwing away this plant and lamenting my lack of a green thumb, I began thinking of how we can come to God all beautiful on the outside but dead on the inside. But God takes us no matter what condition we are in and helps us to grow. He doesn't care how dead we are on the inside, what our sins are, what our past is. All He cares about is whether we turn our lives over to Him. When we do, He makes us grow into the beautiful creatures He intended us to be. When we live our lives for Him, He becomes our "MiracleGro"!

I am so thankful, Lord, that you take us as we are and help us to grow into the people that you want us to be. Thank you for dying on the cross for our sins. Thank you for never giving up on us. I am so thankful that You never throw us away because we are dead on the inside. Thank you for the beautiful new life that we have in You.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

No comments: