Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: God's Protection Over Us

Friday, December 4, 2009

God's Protection Over Us

When I first sat down to write my devotion tonight, I truly had no idea what I was going to write. Before I write these devotions, I always pray to God to give me the words that He wants me to write. But I just wasn't hearing what He was telling me to write. Oh, how fast things can change!

I was sitting down, all comfy in my recliner with my laptop and Bible in my lap, getting ready to write a devotion. I was praying for God to give me the right words to say. All of a sudden all of my smoke detectors starting going off and the house started filling with smoke! I had just turned on the heat - I normally keep it at about 58 (yes, I am menopausal and cheap!) but decided to go for it and set it up to 60! Well, that was a mistake! I really started panicking. When I was in 7th grade one of my best friends died in a fire. I have never gotten over his death and am deathly afraid of fires now.

Well, I turned off the heat and immediately called the fire department. The operator told me to get out of the house and wait until the fire department arrived. I grabbed my warm coat and off into the night I went in my sweats, tee shirt, and flip flops! Soon one fireman arrived, followed by five more firemen. I was never so glad to see anyone in my life! These six firemen were wonderful! They calmed a close to hysterical woman and explained to me that the smoke had to do with my furnace and I would need to have it checked out. They told me not to run it until I did have it checked (thank goodness for those hot flashes!).

Once the firemen left and I calmed down and started thinking about the events of the evening, I started thinking about how just like the firemen were there for me tonight, God is always there for us. He is there to calm our fears, to protect us, watch over us. I am so thankful for his protection over us. I am so thankful that we can go to him with our doubts and fears. I am so very, very thankful that He is always there for us - I don't need to dial the phone to have him come to my home - He lives here, with me, every day, all the time!

Thank you, Lord, for always being there for us. Thank you for your protection. Thank you for peace that only you can give us! Thank you for always living within us, each and every day! Thank you, Lord, for protecting me tonight and keeping me safe!

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

No comments: